ITALY: Gruppo Campari's top-line to accelerate over FY - analyst
Campari's H2 is expected to be better than H1, according to Nomura
Gruppo Campari can expect to see an acceleration in its top line this year and will remain on the acquistion trail, an analyst has forecast.
Last week, the Milan-headquartered drinks group reported a moderate rise in H1 profits, helped by its sales in the Americas. However, European sales, excluding Italy, saw a 2.1% sales drop.
But analysts Nomura said the toughest half of the year is now behind the firm. "We expect an acceleration in the top line and see better reporting through the year," Nomura said in a note released late last week.
Italy accounts for around 30% of Campari's sales and the macro market is likely to remain "volatile", the analysts warned, but added: "The shape of the company’s spirits portfolio in Italy offers some protection, given exposure to the faster-growing aperitif market."
Nomura also said that Campari's balance sheet offers M&A opportunities. "We believe Campari will remain an active consolidator in the sector," the note said.
"Given its (Campari's) record of buying undermanaged assets and not overpaying, we see further value creation from potential acquisitions."
In 2009, Campari acquired the Wild Turkey Bourbon brand from Pernod Ricard. The purchase was followed a year later with a move for liqueur brands Carolans, Frangelico and Irish Mist from William Grant & Sons.
The final part of Euromonitor's preview of the year ahead for the global drinks industry sees senior alcoholic drinks analysts Spiros Malandrakis and Jeremy Cunnington turn the spotlight on the wine c...
In this, the third part of Euromonitor International's preview of the year ahead, senior alcoholic drinks analysts Jeremy Cunnington and Spiros Malandrakis turn their attention to the global spirits c...
While there has been huge focus in the spirits sector on emerging markets in recent years, a new report from Euromonitor International suggests prioritising development in these up-and-coming regions ...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Why Didn't Diageo Act Sooner on Mallya?
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets