US: Gruppo Campari unveils new Wild Turkey visitor centre
Campari has spent around US$100m on improving Wild Turkey's production facilities
Gruppo Campari has lifted the curtain on a new visitor centre at its Wild Turkey distillery in the US.
The 9,140 square-foot centre, in Lawrenceburg, Kentucky, was officially opened to the public today (15 April). The centre, nine times the size of the previous visitor space, caps off a five-year investment of around US$100m at the distillery.
Jean Jacques Dubau, Campari America’s president & CEO, said: “We finally have a visitor centre worthy of Wild Turkey’s legacy, as well as an outstanding calling card for Kentucky’s Bourbon industry.”
The group said it is also honouring Wild Turkey’s master distiller Jimmy Russell, who has clocked up 60 years in the Bourbon trade, by declaring 2014 the “Year of Jimmy Russell”.
In full-year results last month, Wild Turkey registered double-digit sales growth, Campari said.
Earlier today, the group announced it has agreed to pay EUR103.75m (US$143m) for Italian liqueur maker Averna Group.
The Future of the UK Alcoholic Drinks Packaging to 2017
The report provides in-depth quantitative data on retail alcoholic drinks packaging, covering key segmentations such as pack material and type, closure material and type, outer and multi-pack informat...read more
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review