S AFRICA: Gruppo Campari targets vodka demand with Skyy parties
Campari says premium vodka is gaining strength in South Africa
Skyy-branded parties will be held in Johannesburgh this month to target "young, ambitious professionals", Campari said today (12 March). The investment has already included a TV ad, launched in January, which can be viewed below.
A company spokesperson told just-drinks today that details of the spend are confidential for competitive reasons.
Campari said South Africa's premium vodka category is growing by 22% a year, citing Nielsen figures, and that it opened an office in Cape Town in November to target growth in the region. “South Africans are drinking more premium vodka than ever before,” the company said.
Earlier today (6 August), Campari released its half-year results. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the company's performance in the period by region and by brand....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets