ITALY: Gruppo Campari silent on financing talk
Gruppo Campari has declined to comment on a report claiming it may issue a bond of between EUR350m and EUR500m (US$736m).
A report in Italy's La Stampa newspaper claimed yesterday (16 September) that Campari was considering launching a bond.
A Campari spokesperson told just-drinks that the group "does not comment on market rumours".
Last month, Campari reported half-year net profits boosted by lower spend on advertising and promotion, but sales were hit by destocking in key markets.
Like the other sectors of our industry, the economy cast a shadow over the spirits category in 2009. The aftershocks of the downturn spread around the world, with Scotland appearing to be the epicentr...
Gruppo Campari has announced a global marketing deal between its Skyy Spirits subsidiary and Warner Bros Entertainment....
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch