ITALY/JAMAICA: Gruppo Campari extends deadline for US$415m Lascelles deMercado deal
Campari has extended its offer for the LdM
Gruppo Campari has extended the deadline for its US$414.8m offer to take full control of Lascelles deMercado & Co (LdM) to 10 December.
The Italian group launched its offer to take control of Jamaica-based LdM, parent company of the Appleton Estate and Wray & Nephew rum brands, earlier this month. The original deadline for the deal was today (30 November).
But in a statement released this morning, Campari said it is extending the deadline until 10 December, without giving a reason. "It should be noted that, as of today, the current percentage of acceptance of the offer is 96.32% of the issued ordinary shares and 97.27% of the issued preferred shares in the capital of Lascelles," the company noted.
Campari said today it intends to delist LdM shares from the Jamaican Stock Exchange once the deal is concluded.
Earlier this month, Campari was floated as a potential buyer for Whyte & Mackay if the Scotch whisky business is sold off by owners United Spirts to satisfy regulators over its deal with Diageo.
Carbonated Soft Drinks in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also conta...
Earlier this week, brand valuation consultancy Intangible Business released the results of its latest survey of the world's spirits brands. Here's a look at the top ten, along with the methodology use...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research