AUS: Gruppo Campari ends Suntory distribution deal
Campari's Australian subsidiary will begin distributing the two brands from 1 February, the Italy-based drinks group confirmed today (10 January). Campari acquired the liqueur brands, along with Irish Mist liqueur, from William Grant & Sons last year, following the Scotch whisky distiller's acquisition of C&C Group's spirits and liqueurs division.
Irish Mist, the third liqueur brand part of the deal, will also move from Suntory to Campari in Australia. The Italian group originally considered dropping Irish Mist from its Australian portfolio, but has since decided to keep it on, a spokesperson for the group said.
The group said that the main focus will be on Frangelico, which has an "established consumer franchise". On Carolans, Campari added: "Carolans operates within the competitive cream liqueur segment and represents an opportunity for the future."
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Will South Africa Raise Drinking Age to 21?
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Roust takes on Bushmills distribution in Russia
- Brown-Forman completes Kentucky acquisition
- Campari opens office in Canada
- Coca-Cola, A-B InBev express FIFA concerns
- A-B InBev cuts ribbon on Vietnam brewery
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review