AUS: Gruppo Campari ends Suntory distribution deal
Campari's Australian subsidiary will begin distributing the two brands from 1 February, the Italy-based drinks group confirmed today (10 January). Campari acquired the liqueur brands, along with Irish Mist liqueur, from William Grant & Sons last year, following the Scotch whisky distiller's acquisition of C&C Group's spirits and liqueurs division.
Irish Mist, the third liqueur brand part of the deal, will also move from Suntory to Campari in Australia. The Italian group originally considered dropping Irish Mist from its Australian portfolio, but has since decided to keep it on, a spokesperson for the group said.
The group said that the main focus will be on Frangelico, which has an "established consumer franchise". On Carolans, Campari added: "Carolans operates within the competitive cream liqueur segment and represents an opportunity for the future."
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets