ITALY: Gruppo Campari completes Forty Creek, Averna Group deals
Gruppo Campari has completed two previously-announced acquisition deals - Forty Creek Distillery and Averna Group.
In a statement today (3 June), the Italian firm confirmed it has bought Canadian whiskey firm Forty Creek for a total of CAD198.2m (US$182.4m). The deal was first announced in March.
Campari said it has also finalised its EUR103.75m (US$143m) deal to acquire 100% of Averna Group, whose namesake bitters brand is Italy’s second biggest seller.
Both deals were closed according to the terms of the acquisition agreements, the company said.
Vodka is the second largest segment of the Global Spirits market, accounting for a share of 15.75 percent in 2013. Countries such as Russia, Poland, Ukraine, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, and the Czech ...
Gruppo Campari's decision to change the names of several rum brands in its Appleton Estate portfolio suggests that the segment may have stumbled on its own language. Does this mark the end of rum's re...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during December 2014....
Whiskey is a type of distilled alcoholic beverage usually made from fermented grain mash such as barley, corn (maize), rye, and wheat....
Gruppo Campari aims to continue growing its brand presence through marketing and innovation. In addition, the Group would like to further develop its international presence, especially in emerging mar...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets