ITALY: Gruppo Campari completes Forty Creek, Averna Group deals
Gruppo Campari has completed two previously-announced acquisition deals - Forty Creek Distillery and Averna Group.
In a statement today (3 June), the Italian firm confirmed it has bought Canadian whiskey firm Forty Creek for a total of CAD198.2m (US$182.4m). The deal was first announced in March.
Campari said it has also finalised its EUR103.75m (US$143m) deal to acquire 100% of Averna Group, whose namesake bitters brand is Italy’s second biggest seller.
Both deals were closed according to the terms of the acquisition agreements, the company said.
Gruppo Campari's decision to change the names of several rum brands in its Appleton Estate portfolio suggests that the segment may have stumbled on its own language. Does this mark the end of rum's re...
Vodka is the second largest segment of the Global Spirits market, accounting for a share of 15.75 percent in 2013. Countries such as Russia, Poland, Ukraine, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, and the Czech ...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during December 2014....
Whiskey is a type of distilled alcoholic beverage usually made from fermented grain mash such as barley, corn (maize), rye, and wheat....
Gruppo Campari aims to continue growing its brand presence through marketing and innovation. In addition, the Group would like to further develop its international presence, especially in emerging mar...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research