US: Gruppo Campari brings Sagatiba cachaça back to US
Campari has launched the brand in the US this week
Gruppo Campari is re-introducing Sagatiba cachaça to the US.
The two-strong "premium" cachaça range was launched in New York, Florida, Southern California, Northern California and Nevada this week, the group's US unit said yesterday (12 June). The launch was timed to coincide with yesterday's International Cachaça Day.
Sagatiba Pura, an unaged cachaça, has an SRP of US$24.99 per 75cl bottle, while Sagatiba Velha, aged for two to three years, will retail at $29.99.
“Cachaça is the third-largest spirits category in the world and is quickly becoming one of the hottest, fastest-growing categories in the US market,” said Umberto Luchini, Campari America's head of marketing. “We’re excited to share one of Brazil’s favourite exports with American consumers.”
Sagabita was founded by Brazilian entrepreneur Marcos de Moraes in 2004 and acquired by Campari in 2011 for $36.3m.
Since 2010, Campari has become increasingly reliant on acquisitions, such as the 2012 purchase of Lascelles de Mercado, for growth. The profile looks at why this is the case, the benefits of its most ...
Carbonated Soft Drinks in Italy industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also conta...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research