US: Gruppo Campari brings Sagatiba cachaça back to US
Campari has launched the brand in the US this week
Gruppo Campari is re-introducing Sagatiba cachaça to the US.
The two-strong "premium" cachaça range was launched in New York, Florida, Southern California, Northern California and Nevada this week, the group's US unit said yesterday (12 June). The launch was timed to coincide with yesterday's International Cachaça Day.
Sagatiba Pura, an unaged cachaça, has an SRP of US$24.99 per 75cl bottle, while Sagatiba Velha, aged for two to three years, will retail at $29.99.
“Cachaça is the third-largest spirits category in the world and is quickly becoming one of the hottest, fastest-growing categories in the US market,” said Umberto Luchini, Campari America's head of marketing. “We’re excited to share one of Brazil’s favourite exports with American consumers.”
Sagabita was founded by Brazilian entrepreneur Marcos de Moraes in 2004 and acquired by Campari in 2011 for $36.3m.
Since 2010, Campari has become increasingly reliant on acquisitions, such as the 2012 purchase of Lascelles de Mercado, for growth. The profile looks at why this is the case, the benefits of its most ...
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Castel acquires stake in Belvedere
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Diageo adds to Entourage tie-up - video
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review