ITALY/ASIA-PACIFIC: Gruppo Campari appoints new Asia-Pacific chief
Campari will have a new boss for its Asia-Pacific region from July
Gruppo Campari has appointed a new MD for its Asia-Pacific region as the current head quits to "pursue personal interests".
Franco Peroni, the group's chief global product supply chain officer, will replace Enzo Casati from 1 July, the Milan-headquartered firm said today (24 May). Peroni has been with Campari since 2004, when he joined as MD of its Italy division.
Prior to that he worked in the drinks sector in the UK, France and Italy - including a seven-month spell as MD at SABMiller-owned brewer Birra Peroni.
Casati spent 19 years with Campari, including a previous role as MD of its international business unit. "He leaves the company to pursue personal interests," the group said in a statement.
In first-quarter results earlier this month, Campari reported that sales in Australia, which make up 4.7% of group sales, were down by 11.4%.
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research