ITALY/ASIA-PACIFIC: Gruppo Campari appoints new Asia-Pacific chief
Campari will have a new boss for its Asia-Pacific region from July
Gruppo Campari has appointed a new MD for its Asia-Pacific region as the current head quits to "pursue personal interests".
Franco Peroni, the group's chief global product supply chain officer, will replace Enzo Casati from 1 July, the Milan-headquartered firm said today (24 May). Peroni has been with Campari since 2004, when he joined as MD of its Italy division.
Prior to that he worked in the drinks sector in the UK, France and Italy - including a seven-month spell as MD at SABMiller-owned brewer Birra Peroni.
Casati spent 19 years with Campari, including a previous role as MD of its international business unit. "He leaves the company to pursue personal interests," the group said in a statement.
In first-quarter results earlier this month, Campari reported that sales in Australia, which make up 4.7% of group sales, were down by 11.4%.
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research