ITALY/ASIA-PACIFIC: Gruppo Campari appoints new Asia-Pacific chief
Campari will have a new boss for its Asia-Pacific region from July
Gruppo Campari has appointed a new MD for its Asia-Pacific region as the current head quits to "pursue personal interests".
Franco Peroni, the group's chief global product supply chain officer, will replace Enzo Casati from 1 July, the Milan-headquartered firm said today (24 May). Peroni has been with Campari since 2004, when he joined as MD of its Italy division.
Prior to that he worked in the drinks sector in the UK, France and Italy - including a seven-month spell as MD at SABMiller-owned brewer Birra Peroni.
Casati spent 19 years with Campari, including a previous role as MD of its international business unit. "He leaves the company to pursue personal interests," the group said in a statement.
In first-quarter results earlier this month, Campari reported that sales in Australia, which make up 4.7% of group sales, were down by 11.4%.
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- This week in spirits & wine
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts