ITALY/ASIA-PACIFIC: Gruppo Campari appoints new Asia-Pacific chief
Campari will have a new boss for its Asia-Pacific region from July
Gruppo Campari has appointed a new MD for its Asia-Pacific region as the current head quits to "pursue personal interests".
Franco Peroni, the group's chief global product supply chain officer, will replace Enzo Casati from 1 July, the Milan-headquartered firm said today (24 May). Peroni has been with Campari since 2004, when he joined as MD of its Italy division.
Prior to that he worked in the drinks sector in the UK, France and Italy - including a seven-month spell as MD at SABMiller-owned brewer Birra Peroni.
Casati spent 19 years with Campari, including a previous role as MD of its international business unit. "He leaves the company to pursue personal interests," the group said in a statement.
In first-quarter results earlier this month, Campari reported that sales in Australia, which make up 4.7% of group sales, were down by 11.4%.
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Amazon adds alcohol to one-hour delivery service
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research