ITALY/ASIA-PACIFIC: Gruppo Campari appoints new Asia-Pacific chief
Campari will have a new boss for its Asia-Pacific region from July
Gruppo Campari has appointed a new MD for its Asia-Pacific region as the current head quits to "pursue personal interests".
Franco Peroni, the group's chief global product supply chain officer, will replace Enzo Casati from 1 July, the Milan-headquartered firm said today (24 May). Peroni has been with Campari since 2004, when he joined as MD of its Italy division.
Prior to that he worked in the drinks sector in the UK, France and Italy - including a seven-month spell as MD at SABMiller-owned brewer Birra Peroni.
Casati spent 19 years with Campari, including a previous role as MD of its international business unit. "He leaves the company to pursue personal interests," the group said in a statement.
In first-quarter results earlier this month, Campari reported that sales in Australia, which make up 4.7% of group sales, were down by 11.4%.
The world’s second largest brewer, SABMiller’s geographic profile provides a strong platform from which to exploit forecast volume growth in emerging markets. This profile analyses the company’s emplo...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer