SPAIN: Grupo Zamora takes on Jose Cuervo - report
Jose Cuervo's distribution deal with Diageo will run out in June
Grupo Zamora is to replace Diageo as the distributor of Jose Cuervo Tequila in Spain, according to reports.
The spirits and wine brand owner will take over from July, Alimarket said today (24 May). The news portal said Diageo will continue to distribute its “premium” Tequila Don Julio in Spain.
Jose Cuervo's owner, Mexico's Beckmann family, has been lining up deals with other distributors as its global deal with Diageo ends in June. Renewal talks between Diageo and the Beckmann's collapsed last December.
Last month, the family handed over distribution of its full Tequila range in Australia to Think Spirits, while Proximo Spirits, which is owned by the Beckmanns, will handle sales in the UK, Ireland, Canada and the US.
The final death count of Typhoon Haiyan, which hit the Philippines last week, is still a long way from being known. The relief effort is well underway, however, and drinks companies are among those th...
Diageo has launched a powerful new anti-drink driving film, tied to its Johnnie Walker brand. ...
Jose Cuervo is giving a major push to its namesake Tequila brand in the UK, after a similar campaign in the US earlier this year. ...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts