MEXICO: Grupo Modelo steps up Corona football sponsorship
Corona will be sponsor of three more Mexican football teams
Grupo Modelo is adding to the list of football teams in Mexico it sponsors through its lager brand Corona, as it ups its involvement in the sport.
The brewer, acquired by Anheuser-Busch InBev last month a year after the deal was first announced, will be the official sponsor of Monarcas Morelia, Puebla, and Jaguares Chiapas of the Liga MX Football League for the Apertura phase of the season, it said yesterday (18 July). Modelo, through Corona, already sponsors teams, including America, Pumas, Santos, Atlas, Toluca, Atlante, and Leon.
Enrique Velazquez, Modelo's group head of Corona, said the company is also working on “new projects related to football”, without giving further details.
Environmental sustainability remains one of the most active areas for the global drinks industry. This four-part report takes an in-depth look at the buzz topic of environmental sustainability throug...
Here, courtesy of analysts at Nomura, is a list of the purchases made in the global brewing industry between 1999 and last year, along with the EBITDA multiples paid....
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
AB InBev France SAS is strongly positioned in speciality, abbey-style dark beer in France and it is expected to maintain its stronghold in this category through innovation, continuing to launch new sp...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research