MEXICO: Grupo Modelo steps up Corona football sponsorship
Corona will be sponsor of three more Mexican football teams
Grupo Modelo is adding to the list of football teams in Mexico it sponsors through its lager brand Corona, as it ups its involvement in the sport.
The brewer, acquired by Anheuser-Busch InBev last month a year after the deal was first announced, will be the official sponsor of Monarcas Morelia, Puebla, and Jaguares Chiapas of the Liga MX Football League for the Apertura phase of the season, it said yesterday (18 July). Modelo, through Corona, already sponsors teams, including America, Pumas, Santos, Atlas, Toluca, Atlante, and Leon.
Enrique Velazquez, Modelo's group head of Corona, said the company is also working on “new projects related to football”, without giving further details.
Here, courtesy of analysts at Nomura, is a list of the purchases made in the global brewing industry between 1999 and last year, along with the EBITDA multiples paid....
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends