UK: Grupo Modelo launches 71cl Corona Extra bottle
Corona Extra is now available in a bigger bottle
Grupo Modelo has launched a bigger-sized bottle for its Corona Extra beer brand, to take advantage of what the company believes is a trend for sharing drinks.
The 71cl Corona Extra is more than twice the size of the regular 33cl Corona Extra bottle and was launched on 1 May. Grupo Modelo said the the launch was in response to Neilsen data that showed sharing bottles outperformed general lager sales by 9% in the off-trade.
The 4.5% abv beer has an SRP of GBP2.79 (US$4.51) and is distributed in the UK and Ireland by Molson Coors Brewing Company.
The current CEO of Constellation Brands, Rob Sands, is only the group's third boss in its 67-year history - and he's been with the firm for 26 years. Clearly, then, he'll know a things or two about th...
As macroeconomic volatility, the mature versus emerging market narrative, the craft revolution coming of age and shifting demographics all radically reshape the alcoholic drinks battleground, innovati...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report