UK: Grupo Modelo launches 71cl Corona Extra bottle
Corona Extra is now available in a bigger bottle
Grupo Modelo has launched a bigger-sized bottle for its Corona Extra beer brand, to take advantage of what the company believes is a trend for sharing drinks.
The 71cl Corona Extra is more than twice the size of the regular 33cl Corona Extra bottle and was launched on 1 May. Grupo Modelo said the the launch was in response to Neilsen data that showed sharing bottles outperformed general lager sales by 9% in the off-trade.
The 4.5% abv beer has an SRP of GBP2.79 (US$4.51) and is distributed in the UK and Ireland by Molson Coors Brewing Company.
The current CEO of Constellation Brands, Rob Sands, is only the group's third boss in its 67-year history - and he's been with the firm for 26 years. Clearly, then, he'll know a things or two about th...
As macroeconomic volatility, the mature versus emerging market narrative, the craft revolution coming of age and shifting demographics all radically reshape the alcoholic drinks battleground, innovati...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015