UK: Grupo Modelo gives Corona Extra summer push
Corona Extra will feature on billboards across the UK
Grupo Modelo has put its weight behind an outdoor marketing campaign for its Corona Extra brand in the UK.
The investment will be the biggest the company has put into the brand's UK marketing budget, though it did not supply figures. The campaign will feature billboards and 6,000 posters across the UK and is expected to reach 88.2% of adults in the country, a spokesman told just-drinks.
“For Corona, a summer campaign is crucial to build on previous success and take advantage of the growing popularity of world beer,” said Corona Extra senior brand manager Darius Burrows.
The six-week campaign, which launched on Monday (28 May), includes a digital campaign, combining online advertising, Facebook activity and the launch of new Corona mobile apps.
The brand has seen a 20% spike in sales volume in the last three years and is responsible for one in ten GBPs spent on beer in the UK, according to the company.
Last week we ran the first part of an exclusive interview with Constellation Brands' CEO Rob Sands. In this second and final part here, Sands discusses the group's spirits portfolio, its pending move ...
The current CEO of Constellation Brands, Rob Sands, is only the group's third boss in its 67-year history - and he's been with the firm for 26 years. Clearly, then, he'll know a things or two about th...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research