MEXICO: Grupo Modelo appeal proves successful
Grupo Modelo has successfully appealed against an antitrust ruling in its home market.
The Mexican brewer said yesterday (11 January) that the country's Federal Competition Commission (CFC) has cleared Modelo of monopolistic practices through the exclusive sales of Modelo brands in its own beer stores.
In August, Modelo said it was considering an appeal against the CFC's ruling that the company had to end exclusive distribution to retail outlets that it owns.
"Grupo Modelo has the firm conviction that it has always acted in strict fulfilment of the applicable law and does not share the conclusions to which the CFC arrived by a divided vote," Modelo said at the time.
Grupo Modelo and Carlsberg have sealed a deal that will see the Mexican giant import and distribute the Danish brand in Mexico by the second half of the year....
Top executives at Anheuser-Busch were in bullish mood at the recent BUD Investor Conference held in St Louis, giving an optimistic outlook for the US brewing giant's future prospects, both in the US a...
Foster's and Carlsberg have secured a brewing tie-up in Australia....
Crown Imports has launched its redesigned Corona Extra 12oz can in the US in an effort to stand out at retail during the summer months....
A strong export performance has contributed to a healthy climb in Q1 sales and profit at Mexican brewer Grupo Modelo....
Crown Imports has appointed a new director of business information to the group....
Anheuser-Busch has announced changes in four key management positions....
Anheuser-Busch has posted a steady start to its year so far. The US-based brewer yesterday (25 April) reported a 3.7% year-on-year lift in Q1 net income, which hit US$518m....
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads