UK: Grupo Codorniu appoints UK brand manager
Grupo Codorníu has appointed Carolyn d'Aguilar as brand manager for its namesake Cava wine in the UK.
D'Aguilar will move to the role after four years as the Spain-based company's wine brands manager in the UK. Her new role also encompasses corporate communications for Grupo Codorníu and overall management of the company’s marketing department, the firm said yesterday (4 January).
She replaces Jo Sorenson, who left in August to join Liberty Wines as marketing manager. Meanwhile, d'Aguilar will be replaced as wine brands manager by Susannah Bearne, who was most recently the firm's sales manager for London and the south-east of England. Previously, Bearne was trade marketing manager at the group's UK business.
As a result of Bearne's move, sommelier Jake Crimmin will take on the newly-created role of on-trade and 'prestige' manager for London. Meanwhile, Tom Barton will be responsible for sales to independent and regional wholesalers across the south-east. Barton was previously business development manager for HwCg and has worked as a manager for both Majestic and Berkmann Cellars.
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head