UK: Grupo Codorniu appoints UK brand manager
Grupo Codorníu has appointed Carolyn d'Aguilar as brand manager for its namesake Cava wine in the UK.
D'Aguilar will move to the role after four years as the Spain-based company's wine brands manager in the UK. Her new role also encompasses corporate communications for Grupo Codorníu and overall management of the company’s marketing department, the firm said yesterday (4 January).
She replaces Jo Sorenson, who left in August to join Liberty Wines as marketing manager. Meanwhile, d'Aguilar will be replaced as wine brands manager by Susannah Bearne, who was most recently the firm's sales manager for London and the south-east of England. Previously, Bearne was trade marketing manager at the group's UK business.
As a result of Bearne's move, sommelier Jake Crimmin will take on the newly-created role of on-trade and 'prestige' manager for London. Meanwhile, Tom Barton will be responsible for sales to independent and regional wholesalers across the south-east. Barton was previously business development manager for HwCg and has worked as a manager for both Majestic and Berkmann Cellars.
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research