UK: Grupo Codorniu appoints UK brand manager
Grupo Codorníu has appointed Carolyn d'Aguilar as brand manager for its namesake Cava wine in the UK.
D'Aguilar will move to the role after four years as the Spain-based company's wine brands manager in the UK. Her new role also encompasses corporate communications for Grupo Codorníu and overall management of the company’s marketing department, the firm said yesterday (4 January).
She replaces Jo Sorenson, who left in August to join Liberty Wines as marketing manager. Meanwhile, d'Aguilar will be replaced as wine brands manager by Susannah Bearne, who was most recently the firm's sales manager for London and the south-east of England. Previously, Bearne was trade marketing manager at the group's UK business.
As a result of Bearne's move, sommelier Jake Crimmin will take on the newly-created role of on-trade and 'prestige' manager for London. Meanwhile, Tom Barton will be responsible for sales to independent and regional wholesalers across the south-east. Barton was previously business development manager for HwCg and has worked as a manager for both Majestic and Berkmann Cellars.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Will the Selfie Prove the Tonic for Beauty Drinks?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review