UK: Grupo Codorniu appoints UK brand manager
Grupo Codorníu has appointed Carolyn d'Aguilar as brand manager for its namesake Cava wine in the UK.
D'Aguilar will move to the role after four years as the Spain-based company's wine brands manager in the UK. Her new role also encompasses corporate communications for Grupo Codorníu and overall management of the company’s marketing department, the firm said yesterday (4 January).
She replaces Jo Sorenson, who left in August to join Liberty Wines as marketing manager. Meanwhile, d'Aguilar will be replaced as wine brands manager by Susannah Bearne, who was most recently the firm's sales manager for London and the south-east of England. Previously, Bearne was trade marketing manager at the group's UK business.
As a result of Bearne's move, sommelier Jake Crimmin will take on the newly-created role of on-trade and 'prestige' manager for London. Meanwhile, Tom Barton will be responsible for sales to independent and regional wholesalers across the south-east. Barton was previously business development manager for HwCg and has worked as a manager for both Majestic and Berkmann Cellars.
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- How Modern Marketing Compounds My Twitter Shame
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- China to axe duty on Australian wine
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research