UK: Grupo Codorniu appoints UK brand manager
Grupo Codorníu has appointed Carolyn d'Aguilar as brand manager for its namesake Cava wine in the UK.
D'Aguilar will move to the role after four years as the Spain-based company's wine brands manager in the UK. Her new role also encompasses corporate communications for Grupo Codorníu and overall management of the company’s marketing department, the firm said yesterday (4 January).
She replaces Jo Sorenson, who left in August to join Liberty Wines as marketing manager. Meanwhile, d'Aguilar will be replaced as wine brands manager by Susannah Bearne, who was most recently the firm's sales manager for London and the south-east of England. Previously, Bearne was trade marketing manager at the group's UK business.
As a result of Bearne's move, sommelier Jake Crimmin will take on the newly-created role of on-trade and 'prestige' manager for London. Meanwhile, Tom Barton will be responsible for sales to independent and regional wholesalers across the south-east. Barton was previously business development manager for HwCg and has worked as a manager for both Majestic and Berkmann Cellars.
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo targets Millennials with DeLeon ads
- Bacardi cuts jobs at Global Brands unit
- Belvedere unveils executive team