UK: Grupo Codorníu to sponsor rugby 7s with Viña Pomal brand
Viña Pomal is a good match for rugby, Grupo Codorníu has said
Grupo Codorníu has said it will be the official wine sponsor of the J.P. Morgan Asset Management Premiership Rugby 7s Series for the second year running though its Viña Pomal brand.
An audience of about 250,000 will see ads for the Rioja on perimeter hoardings and in samplings, the company said today (3 July). The four-venue tournament starts at Twickenham on 13 July and will be aired live on ESPN with highlights on ITV4.
“Rugby is an ideal affiliation for Rioja, with the audience being predominantly professional males,” said brand manager for Grupo Codorníu wines Susannah Bearne.
“Viña Pomal’s continued sponsorship of the series is a great way to connect with our target consumers, raise the profile of the brand and support key listings with related promotions.”
The event was televised last year for the first time.
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- Smirnoff Ice gets India launch