POLAND: Grupa Sobieski outlines global vodka plans
Polish vodka company Grupa Sobieski has announced its intentions to raise its vodka sales from PLN2bn (US$807.8m) per annum to PLN2.5bn within the global marketplace.
The Belvedere Group-owned company said yesterday (6 February) that it has put in place a plan that will enable it to"advance from the seventh position (in international vodka) to the second, just behind Smirnoff" as one of the "ten best selling international vodkas".
The company outlined that its plan involves launching its Sobieski vodka brand into all markets in which its competitors are already present.
Grupa Sobieski financial director Dariusz Jamiola added: "To achieve this it will have to overtake Absolut, Nemiroff and Finlandia. We intend to attach (sic) the largest vodka markets in the world where Sobieski is not yet present, such as Russia and Ukraine."
No-one was available to give further details about the company's plans when contacted by just-drinks today (7 February).
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Diageo is rolling-out a new marketing programme for its Smirnoff vodka brand in the UK....
The first Bacardi Store opened on Bay Street in downtown Nassau, Bahamas yesterday (31 July)....
Square One Organic Spirits has rolled out its first line extension in the US since the brand's inception two years ago....
Under-fire French wine and spirits firm Belvédère has filed a request to resume trading, following a court ruling protecting it from being declared bankrupt....
Blavod Extreme Spirits said it had filled a hole in its portfolio by completing a licence deal for Jago's Vodka Cream....
Extreme Spirits, the owners of Wokka Saki is rebranding its 'east meets west' vodka....
US-based buyers would likely be favourites in an auction for Stolichnaya, one senior analyst has told just-drinks, but any potential sale remains shrouded in secrecy....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages