FRANCE: Groupe Danone to cut 900 jobs in Europe
Danone has revealed the extent of its cost-cutting plans
Danone today (19 February) revealed it plans to cut 900 jobs from its operations in Europe in a bid to revitalise its business in a region where sales fell in 2012.
The Paris-headquartered bottled water and food group said in December it wanted to reduce its costs in Europe by EUR200m (US$261m) over two years and this morning outlined the impact on jobs.
Under the proposals, being discussed with staff officials today, some 900 posts across 26 countries will go. Danone plans to cut its "management units" by around half and combine teams from several countries into "multi-country units".
Its plans also include a move for executives to focus on "missions and projects that have a direct impact on business growth".
Danone, which said it would continue to do business in the same number of countries in Europe, wants to "win back its competitive edge" in the region.
The company's 2012 financial results, also reported today, revealed Danone's group net profits edged up by 0.9% to EUR1.82bn, off the back of an increase in sales by 5.4% to EUR20.87bn.
This month's management briefing continues with our look at environmental sustainability in the drinks industry. Following his look at the brewing sector earlier this year, Ben Cooper turns his attent...
Danone is the global leader in bottled water. Danone has been successful at developing local and regional brands in emerging markets to support growth. In 2012, Bonafont, based almost entirely on Mexi...
Danone Waters (UK & Ireland) Ltd is focused on generating stronger business in the forecast period by tapping into the rising health consciousness of UK consumers and showcasing the benefits of simple...
Mintel offers an insight into the impact on functional foods and beverages, following the European Food Safety Authority's ruling on health claims last year....
Danone Waters Deutschland GmbH is the second biggest player in bottled water in Germany. The company offers different brands within bottled water, including Volvic and Evian. Its main strategy is to f...
Danone de México SA de CV is primarily a leading company within dairy products. Its importance in soft drinks comes from its strong position in bottled water, where its successful Bonafont brand leads...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- What do A-B InBev results mean for SABMiller deal?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report