NETEHRLANDS/US: Grolsch to sponsor San Francisco International Film Festival
Grolsch's tie-up with the San Francisco International Film Festival marks a move towards film for the beer brand
The brewer, which acquired Grolsch in early-2008, confirmed late last week that the brand will be the opening night sponsor as well as the official beer supplier throughout the 15-day festival, which runs from 21 April to 5 May. As part of the sponsorship deal, Grolsch will be featured throughout the event at designated events and venues.
Financial details behind the sponsorship deal were not disclosed.
The beer will also use the film festival to premier 'Grolsch Film Works', a programme of film funding for up-and-coming filmmakers, actors and directors.
SABMiller is focusing on local premium beers in Africa and believes that there is an untapped US$3.7bn of sales across nine of its key markets on the continent....
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group