UK: Grolsch swingtop bottle gets update
Coors Brewers has unveiled a redesigned bottle for the Grolsch beer brand in the UK.
The company, which handles the marketing and distribution of Grolsch in the country, said today (25 June) that the redesign, which incorporates a "slimmer shape" and "reinstated retro grip strips", represents only the fourth time that the bottle has been altered since it was first introduced in 1897. The design has also been accepted into the Museum of Brands, Packaging and Advertising (MOBPA) in London, Coors said.
"We've poured 111 years of craftsmanship and conviction into the design of our unique bottle," said Laura Burgoyne, senior brand manager for Grolsch in the UK. "As one of the most identifiable and functional designs, our 2008 swingtop bottle is a modern classic that can hold its own against some of the most iconic and much loved brands of our time and a fantastic example of great, lasting, everyday design."
The new look Grolsch will be stocked in bars and restaurants, clubs and off licences across the country from June.
SABMiller may have seen beer volumes rise by 3% in the first six months of the year but the impact of rising commodity prices, the global economic downturn and the credit crunch have given the brewer ...
Grolsch is to support five art shows in the US during Art Basel in Miami Beach for the third consecutive year....
- How the can has a part to play in beer's future
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- Global water targets risk hiding local concerns
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- Diageo reveals revival plan for former factory
- Stoli Group CEO Rob Cullins to step down
- William Grant sees 2015 sales, profits lift
- Jose Cuervo applies to go public
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends