HOLLAND: Grolsch stock gets downgraded
Royal Grolsch stock has been downgraded, despite its continued success in the US.
Shares in the Holland-based brewer were downgraded today (21 May) to 'hold' from 'buy' at Theodoor Gillissen Bankiers, which kept its target price of EUR37.
A TGB analyst said that Grolsch received over 80% of its sales from the Netherlands, the UK and France, referring to them as "stagnant beer markets".
Earlier this year, Goldman Sachs initiated coverage of Grolsch at 'buy' with a price target of EUR34.60. The broker noted that the brewer's "superior cash returns and the potential for large dividend increases from an under-geared balance sheet" would ease market worries over Grolsch's distribution deal in the US with Anheuser-Busch.
Grolsch's operating profit came in at EUR25.6m (US$34.2m) in 2006, compared to EUR25.3m in 2005. Turnover was also up, but again only marginally, to EUR317.6m from EUR312m. Grolsch pointed to slight volume declines in its home market as well as in the UK.
Scottish & Newcastle faces a tough battle to defend itself from the joint takeover launched by Carlsberg and Heineken. But today's announcement of a legal challenge to Carlsberg over alleged breac...
Anheuser-Busch has launched two seasonal beers under its Michelob brand....
Tsingtao Brewery Co. has prepared a bond issue to fund future expansion....
In a statement to the Hong Kong stock exchange, the Chinese brewer Tsingtao Brewery has said that trading in its H shares have been suspended today (9 November)....
Global brewers have stayed silent over their interest in the possible acquisition of Serbian brewery Pivara MB....
Anheuser-Busch has posted a boost in profit for its third quarter, on the back of a broader portfolio and high end beer sales....
The real "losers" in the battle between Carlsberg and Scottish & Newcastle over their Eastern European brewing joint venture will be the shareholders of both companies, according to today's (25 Octobe...
Tsingtao Brewery has posted a huge leap in net profit in its third quarter....
- Paddy Irish whiskey - The Facts
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Is single malt the Great White Hope for Scotch?
- Is the wine industry confusing its consumers?
- Pernod Ricard to widen Our/Vodka sales reach
- Leonardo DiCaprio joins Runa drinks board
- Remy Cointreau names new Travel Retail exec
- Pernod in talks to sell Paddy whiskey to Sazerac
- US wholesalers point to Absolut decline - report
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carbonates in India
- Consumer and Market Insights: Spirits Market in the US