KAZAKHSTAN: Grolsch signs licensing deal with EFES
Royal Grolsch has signed a long-term licensing agreement with Efes Karaganda Brewery to push its Amsterdam Navigator beer in the Kazakh market.
The company said today (6 September) that the Kazakhstan beer operation of Efes Beer Group will represent and brew Amsterdam Navigator under licence in the country and will oversee all local marketing, sales and distribution.
Grolsch International president Rob Snel said: "Kazakhstan is an important market for the Amsterdam brand and together we created an excellent basis for further growth. Our agreement brings many logistical benefits as all the activities will take place directly in Kazakhstan. We expect the first Amsterdam beer to be brewed in Kazakhstan at the end of September."
Efes Karaganda Brewery general manager Osman Çaglayan added: "The Kazakh beer market has experienced rapid growth over the last five years. We are delighted to be able to lead the expansion of Amsterdam Navigator into Kazakhstan, which already proved this year that it will be an attractive choice for Kazakh beer consumers in the years to come."
C&C Group has lined up the launch of a draught version of its Magners cider brand in the UK....
SABMiller has closed its public offer for shares in Grolsch, with the Dutch brewer set to delist next month....
Heineken has seen its full-year profits take a hammering following a ruling last year that it had been part of a cartel in the Netherlands....
Grolsch has posted a strong set of results for 2007, despite a struggling performance in the UK, in its final full-year as an independent company....
Grolsch is planning the global launch of a "contemporary" green version of its swing-top beer bottle....
SABMiller has declared its public offer for all issued and outstanding shares in Grolsch as unconditional, adding that "all offer conditions have been satisfied or waived"....
Coors Brewers has confirmed the launch of two additions to the Grolsch portfolio of beers in the UK....
Grolsch has posted a lift in both sales and profits for the first ten months of last year....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets