UK: Grolsch invests in UK TV campaign
Grolsch has signed an agreement with Channel 4 which will see it sponsoring its primetime Original Comedy programming across the UK each week.
The Dutch company said today (4 January) that the GBP3m (US$5.9m) sponsorship deal will be supported by an online and viral campaign.
Grolsch brand development director David Griffiths said: "Through this unique link up with Channel 4, we will continue to deliver engaging and entertaining communication that has become synonymous with the original Dutch attitude of Grolsch, reaching up to 2m consumers each week."
Griffiths added: "Royal Grolsch portfolio brand launches in the UK will drive growth in 2008, maintaining excitement within the category for drinkers. We will also be introducing authentic Dutch condensing fonts and stylish new glassware in addition to the continued investment in quality in-outlet representation with cold beer station This forms part of a total investment of GBP8m in Grolsch next year and includes a full off-trade promotional support programme."
Last year, SABMiller announced a recommended offer of EUR48.25 (US$69.69) per share for Grolsch in a deal valuing the Dutch brewer at EUR816m.
At a time when so many companies are feeling the pressures of the economic downturn and cost inflation, it was heartening to see SABMiller report relatively robust full-year results this week....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
SABMiller has declined to comment on reports that it has held talks with Mexico's Grupo Modelo to consider a merger between the two brewers....
Coors Brewers has unveiled a redesigned bottle for the Grolsch beer brand in the UK....
SABMiller is set to up its presence in Russia with the acquisition of Vladpivo in the far east of the country....
SABMiller's South African subsidiary, SAB Ltd, is to launch the group's Dutch beer brand Grolsch....
SABMiller and Molson Coors Brewing Company have been given the go-ahead to proceed with their US joint venture by the US Department of Justice....
InBev has confirmed that it is in talks to up its presence in India....
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets