GLOBAL: Grolsch gets senior management changes
The company said today (25 April) that Grolsch International's president Rob Snel has been appointed as managing director of Royal Grolsch, replacing current CEO Ab Pasman.
Pasman, who will leave the company on 15 May, has been "pivotal to building the Grolsch company and the Grolsch brand over the last four years," the company said.
SABMiller Europe managing director Alan Clark added: "I am delighted that Rob Snel has agreed to become managing director of Grolsch. His considerable enthusiasm for the brand and experience in establishing it in new markets will be essential as we expand the brand's distribution footprint to exploit SABMiller's global platform."
SABMiller has also appointed Jonathan Timmis, currently finance director of the group's UK subsidiary Miller Brands, to be finance director of Royal Grolsch. Timmis replaces Arjan Kaaks who is leaving the company, SABMiller added.
Another whirlwind week on financial markets has coincided with a flurry of results statements from drinks firms. Have we learnt anything?...
SABMiller may have seen beer volumes rise by 3% in the first six months of the year but the impact of rising commodity prices, the global economic downturn and the credit crunch have given the brewer ...
Coca-Cola Femsa has said that net profit plunged by 35.5% in the third quarter of 2008, as costs overshadowed a double-digit revenue rise....
MillerCoors has confirmed its plans to discontinue its Zima malt beverage portfolio in the US....
Efes Breweries International has said that beer volumes increased by around 8% during the first nine months of 2008....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Coca-Cola Amatil has said it is on-track to meet operating profit growth of 7% for its full-year, following a solid third quarter....
SABmiller has reported a 3% rise in beer volumes for its first half, despite slowdowns in the emerging markets of Russia and China....
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Drinks industry's gender failure - Consumer Trends
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends