UK/NETHERLANDS: Grolsch enters SABMiller fold
The UK company said today (21 February) that it now holds 99.46% of the shares in Grolsch, following the closure of the offer on 12 February. SABMiller took ownership of 0.89% of Grolsch's shares in the post acceptance period, which closed at the end of trading yesterday.
Grolsch will subsequently be delisted from the Euronext Amsterdam on 20 March, the two brewers confirmed. SABMiller will consolidate Grolsch into its accounts as from 12 February.
SABMiller's acquisition of Grolsch, announced in November last year, has cost the UK company EUR816m (US$1.20bn).
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week included news the world's number one wine group was to reduce its Australian footprint, Coca-Cola has acquired assets in Colombia and Diageo i...
Coca-Cola FEMSA has teamed up The Coca-Cola Company to acquire Agua Brisa from SABMiller's subsidiary in Colombia....
Molson Coors has posted a marked drop in profits for the first half of this year, as one-off charges made their presence felt....
SABMiller has appointed Tony van Kralingen as director of human resources and supply chain....
MillerCoors, the new US brewer formed by SABMiller and Molson Coors, has announced it is suspending a new range of Miller Lite beers following a disappointing trial....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Shares in SABMiller fell this morning (31 July) after the brewer said organic lager volumes dipped 1.6% in its first quarter....
Molson Coors Brewing Company has confirmed details of its latest dividend payment....
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory