NETHERLANDS: Grolsch "breaks uniformity" with beer additions
Grolsch has lined up two additions to its beer portfolio in its home market, with a view to "breaking through the uniformity" of the beer category.
The Dutch brewer confirmed earlier this week that it will roll out Grolsch Pilsner Speciale and Grolsch Dunkel Weizen in the Netherlands over the coming weeks.
Available now, Grolsch Pilsner Speciale is a 5.5% abv beer, which can be found in the country's off licences, bars and restaurants in bottles or in kegs. The introduction of the beer will be promoted in two-bottle packs, through advertising and on-trade marketing materials, the company said.
The Dunkel Weizen beer has an abv of 6%, and will be available from early October in supermarkets, off licences and across the Dutch on-trade. The launch will be backed by a winter pack promotion, advertising, displays and on-trade marketing materials.
"We are seeing an increasing need for new taste sensations in the beer and other segments of the drinks market," said Olivier Laméris, marketing manager for out-of-home at Grolsch. "Grolsch is responding with the introduction of these two distinct taste variations, and in doing so trying to give the market a boost.
"The on-trade has an important role to play as a tasting venue and is thus the ideal place to try out new beers. This is an area we will continue to invest in."
C&C Group has lined up the launch of a draught version of its Magners cider brand in the UK....
SABMiller has closed its public offer for shares in Grolsch, with the Dutch brewer set to delist next month....
Heineken has seen its full-year profits take a hammering following a ruling last year that it had been part of a cartel in the Netherlands....
Grolsch has posted a strong set of results for 2007, despite a struggling performance in the UK, in its final full-year as an independent company....
Grolsch is planning the global launch of a "contemporary" green version of its swing-top beer bottle....
SABMiller has declared its public offer for all issued and outstanding shares in Grolsch as unconditional, adding that "all offer conditions have been satisfied or waived"....
Coors Brewers has confirmed the launch of two additions to the Grolsch portfolio of beers in the UK....
Grolsch has posted a lift in both sales and profits for the first ten months of last year....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018