ITALY: Grolsch and Warsteiner extend alliance to Italy
Grolsch said that its brand has entered a new phase after being present for some years on the Italian market. "With Warsteiner Italia Grolsch has fostered a partnership that can further expand the Grolsch volumes in Italy," Grolsch said in a statement.
Grolsch aims to triple its Italian sales in the next four to five years through the Warsteiner deal.
Grolsch and Warsteiner Brauerei began a strategic alliance in February last year. It initially focused on buying packaging and raw materials. entered an alliance in early 2002 to bolster their market position and competitive strength in a rapidly consolidating beer market, while keeping their independence.
However in a statement Grolsh said: "It remains the intention of both breweries to expand their cooperation further. In that way the brewers wish to strengthen their position and competitive strength in the consolidating beer market, without damaging their independence."
The company also said that its alliance with Warsteiner was not exclusive and that the company's would be interested in possible further partners, who were welcome to join part if not all of the alliance.
"There are contacts (with other interested parties)," a grolsh spokesman said, though he declined to detail who those potential partners were.
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends