NETHERLANDS: Grolsch and Miller sign brewing/bottling deal
"The basis of the alliance with Grolsch from our perspective is Grolsch's reputation as a high-quality brewer combined with the company's sales strength in two important growth markets for Miller, the Netherlands and France," said Brian Wells, Miller Brewing International's regional vice-president for Europe.
No financial details of the deal were disclosed but in a statement Miller Brewing said: "The license contract covering the marketing, sales and distribution of MGD in the Netherlands and France will enable the Grolsch organisation in those markets to offer a more extensive range to the trade and to consumers."
Commenting on the deal, a spokesperson for Grolsch said: "Grolsch has adopted a long-term strategy of seeking alliances to expand its distribution and optimise the company's efficiency. The agreement with Miller will help us achieve these twin objectives."
Under the terms of the multi-year contract, MGD will be distributed in bottles and cans and the beer will be brewed and packaged at Grolsch's breweries in Enschede and Groenlo.
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018