US: Grey Eagle completes Illinois Distributing Co acquisition
The acquisition makes Grey Eagle one of the largest A-B InBev distributors in the US
Grey Eagle Distributors has completed its acquisition of fellow Anheuser-Busch InBev wholesaler Illinois Distributing Co for an undisclosed sum.
The deal, confirmed today (3 December), makes St Louis county-based Grey Eagle one of the largest A-B InBev distributors in the country. The acquisition, first announced in September, includes Illinois Distributing's assets and sales territory, including most of St Clair County, Monroe County, Collinsville and Granite City.
Grey Eagle will begin selling beer to retailers in the new territory today. Illinois Distributing sold approximately 2.6m cases of beer annually.
Around 90% of Illinois Distributing's 85 full-time and part-time staff will be retained by Grey Eagle, the company said. Grey Eagle will also keep the firm's operations in Belleville.
"Acquiring Illinois Distributing Company is a big milestone for Grey Eagle," said David M. Stokes, Grey Eagle's president & CEO. "We look forward to carrying on the great business they've established and continuing their commitment to the local community."
In February last year, Grey Eagle acquired the brand distribution rights for Stella Artois and Beck's. A month prior it acquired Missouri Eagle LLC in Washington, Missouri.
This month, Tom Vierhile from Datamonitor considers the recent swathe of NPD in the shandy - or radler - sub-category....
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research