UK: Greene King upbeat on year ahead
UK regional brewer and pub group Greene King said today (5 December) that trading was in line with expectations after posting a strong set of first-half figures.
The company, which brews brands including Greene King IPA and Old Speckled Hen, said sales from its brewing and pub businesses were up for the 30 weeks to 26 November.
Earlier, Greene King reported a 17% leap in underlying operating profit to GBP100.9m (US$199.3m) for the six months to 16 October, on the back of a 16% increase in revenues to GBP419.2m.
Chief executive Rooney Anand said the company had had a "strong" first-half. "We have benefited from our acquisition of Belhaven, which is proving a great addition to Greene King. In the second half there will also be a full contribution from Hardys & Hansons, which is performing well, and integration is on track."
Profits from Greene King's managed pubs were up 3%, with earnings from its tenanted outlets rising by 11%. However, revenues from its beer business were flat at GBP40.9m after a fall in ale sales.
Greene King has launched an updated version of its flagship ale in the UK....
UK regional brewer Greene King has launched what it claims to be the first bottled English speciality beer....
UK regional brewer and pub group Greene King has posted increased sales and volumes for the 36 weeks to 7 January, a performance in line with expectations....
UK brewer Greene King has demanded four local pensioners contribute to its legal costs after they failed to block an extension to the opening hours of a local Greene King pub....
UK brewer Greene King has sold 155 pubs based mainly in the south of England to Admiral Taverns Holdings....
Advisors for UK regional brewer Greene King have confirmed that the company is looking to sell around 150 tenanted pubs in southern England....
UK regional brewer Greene King has refused to be drawn on reports that it is looking to sell around 150 tenanted pubs in southern England....
Greene King IPA has been named as the official beer of England's Rugby Football Union (RFU) in a multi-million pound deal lasting four years....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages