UK: Greene King trading meets expectations
UK regional brewer and pub group Greene King has posted increased sales and volumes for the 36 weeks to 7 January, a performance in line with expectations.
The company, which owns brands including Greene King IPA and Old Speckled Hen, said own-brewed volume was in line with last year and total beer sales growth remained strong.
Greene King said that its pub company like-for-like sales were up 3.4% during the period, while like-for-like turnover from its Pub Partners division up 1.3%.
The company noted that, in the first winter of the Scottish smoking ban, high street pubs and those with outside areas continued to do well. Food sales also grew strongly, but liquor sales were down.
Greene King sold 155 pubs based mainly in the south of England to Admiral Taverns Holdings in November last year, after moves to expand its own network over the past few years.
The company said that the integration of its Hardys & Hansons business, acquired in September for around GBP270m (US$514m), has been completed.
Retail sales for Greene King's Scottish business Belhaven, which was acquired in 2005, were 2.8% below last year, with Belhaven Best volumes up 4.7%.
The imminent smoking ban in pubs in England and Wales is expected to provide a further boost to already growing on-premise soft drinks sales, writes Annette Farr, with more female consumers and famili...
Greene King has launched an updated version of its flagship ale in the UK....
UK regional brewer Greene King has launched what it claims to be the first bottled English speciality beer....
UK regional brewer and pub group Greene King said today (5 December) that trading was in line with expectations after posting a strong set of first-half figures....
UK brewer Greene King has demanded four local pensioners contribute to its legal costs after they failed to block an extension to the opening hours of a local Greene King pub....
UK brewer Greene King has sold 155 pubs based mainly in the south of England to Admiral Taverns Holdings....
Advisors for UK regional brewer Greene King have confirmed that the company is looking to sell around 150 tenanted pubs in southern England....
UK regional brewer Greene King has refused to be drawn on reports that it is looking to sell around 150 tenanted pubs in southern England....
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Will South Africa Raise Drinking Age to 21?
- Focus - The Risks of Acquisitions
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Roust takes on Bushmills distribution in Russia
- Brown-Forman completes Kentucky acquisition
- Campari opens office in Canada
- Coca-Cola, A-B InBev express FIFA concerns
- A-B InBev cuts ribbon on Vietnam brewery
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review