UK: Greene King trading ahead of forecasts
The producer of beer brands such as Abbot Ale, Old Speckled Hen and Greene King IPA, said that the hot weather in mid-summer had boosted sales.
Greene King said like-for-like sales in its managed pubs were up by 1.2%, a growth figure which had also been weighted to take account of the impact of the Golden Jubilee celebrations last year. Like-for-like sales in tenanted pubs rose by 3.9%.
Sectors: Beer & cider
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report