UK: Greene King signs Nottingham Forest deal
Greene King expands sports sponsorship
Greene King has signed a three-year deal to be the official beer sponsor of English football club Nottingham Forest.
Greene King and Nottingham Forest announced today (1 June) that the Suffolk-based brewer has secured pouring rights for its IPA brand at Forest's City Ground stadium.
Carlsberg was the previous sponsor at the 30,000 capacity stadium, a spokesperson for Forest confirmed to just-drinks. The club did not give a reason for the change.
"Nottingham is an important region for us and the success of our Trent FM Arena sponsorship has proven this," said Greene King's free trade sales director Joe Parks.
Financial details of the deal were not disclosed.
Carlsberg has signed a deal to distribute leading Spanish lager brand Mahou in the UK, as the brewer looks to tap consumer demand for imported bottled beers....
- Pernod Ricard's Q3 2017 trading update - Preview
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- How soft drinks brands manage to offend consumers
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- William Grant snaps up Tuthilltown Spirits in US
- TWE's Beringer Main & Vine Dry Rosé - NPD
- Edrington shifts innovation to US in shake-up
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World