UK: Greene King revamps IPA cask ale
Greene King is investing heavily in its IPA cask beer brand in a bid to bring people back to UK pubs in "tough economic times".
Greene King IPA has been given a new look to "widen its appeal to drinkers across the country" and get them back into pubs, the company said today (21 November).
The new look focuses on the ale's origins, with the campaign revolving around the company's brewery in Bury St Edmunds.
"We are holding our nerve in this difficult environment, continuing to invest in Greene King IPA at a time when you might expect us to be cutting back," said Greene King's Justin Adams. "By maintaining its success, we'll be helping to sustain the improved performance of the cask sector. It is crucial for pubs to use every single tool and every single point of difference they have to keep their pubs busy - and cask beer offers them a fantastic opportunity.
"Our investment in a new look for Greene King IPA is all about that crucial support to licensees."
Greene King, the UK ale brewer, has signed its first television advertising deal for its Old Speckled Hen beer brand....
Greene King, the UK brewer, is to launch a rights issue of more than GB200m in order to raise funds for acquisitions and help pay down debt....
Greene King has become the first brewer in the UK to be awarded the Red Tractor certification for all its beers - an independent mark that guarantees the quality and origin of ingredients and the ethi...
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends