UK: Greene King posts 9% profit gain in H1
The UK regional brewer and pub operator, Greene King, posted profit before tax and exceptionals of £35m ($55.20m) for the 24 weeks to October 19, 2002, ahead of analysts' forecasts which had predicted first half profits of around £34.5m. Greene King had been forecasting double digit growth in earnings per share and just met this target with EPS rising by 11% to 32.8p. Turnover at the company, which produces the Greene King IPA, Abbott Ale and Old Speckled Hen beer brands, rose by 17% to £249m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Will Coca-Cola Co’s Dunkin’ Donuts move pay off?
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Alcohol brands and the 'better-for-you' trend
- Heineken's Q3 2016 results - Preview
- Ten ways to successfully target older consumers
- Diageo weathers Thailand alcohol ban
- Heineken's YTD performance by region - Focus
- SWA's David Frost to leave for foreign office role
- Stock Spirits appointments provoke investor unrest
- Diageo unveils new Bundaberg Rum packaging
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends