UK: Greene King posts 9% profit gain in H1
The UK regional brewer and pub operator, Greene King, posted profit before tax and exceptionals of £35m ($55.20m) for the 24 weeks to October 19, 2002, ahead of analysts' forecasts which had predicted first half profits of around £34.5m. Greene King had been forecasting double digit growth in earnings per share and just met this target with EPS rising by 11% to 32.8p. Turnover at the company, which produces the Greene King IPA, Abbott Ale and Old Speckled Hen beer brands, rose by 17% to £249m.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- When BRIC markets go horribly wrong
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Remy Cointreau's bellwether Q3 - analysis
- Interview, Philip Gregan, New Zealand Winegrowers
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Home entertaining offers drinks opp's - Diageo
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Remy Cointreau sets up whisky division
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits