UK: Greene King poised to win Laurel sale
Greene King has confirmed it is in advanced talks to buy a portfolio of pubs from the Laurel Pub Company. A statement, released by the company today, confirmed press speculation about the discussions.
The Times reported that Greene King was in talks to buy a package of 430 neighbourhood pubs from the Laurel Pub Co. for around £660 m (US$1.2 bln).
The statement also said that Greene King has no current intention of issuing new equity in connection with the deal. A further announcement will be made in due course, if appropriate, the company said.
The auction for Laurel's 432 neighbourhood pubs closed last Friday, with four bids coming from Wolverhampton and Dudley Breweries, Punch Taverns, private equity-owned managed pubs group Spirit and Greene King.
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages