UK: Greene King brings IPA back to UK TV
Greene King has lined up a return to UK television screens after four years for its IPA cask ale brand.
The UK regional brewer said today (6 August) that the beer will be the subject of an 11-week long campaign in the country, comprising of TV, outdoor and print advertising, which will cost in the region of GBP2m (US$4.06m). A 40-second TV ad was aired last week on satellite television, while a 30-second version will run on terrestrial TV in the country from 20 August.
Greene King will also coincide a print and outdoor campaign with this year's rugby World Cup for its IPA beer, which is the 'Official Beer of England Rugby'.
"Our new ad campaign communicates cask ale in a more relevant way for the new generation of drinkers and builds Greene King IPA's position in the market as a quality, session beer that appeals to drinkers who value great taste and quality," said Fiona Hope, marketing director at Greene King Brewing Company.
"The campaign demonstrates a connection between the brand personality and the characteristics of the drinker, who tend to be self-assured, unpretentious and independent. They know their own tastes and are not affected by passing fads or 'flavour of the month' products."
Greene King has warned in a trading update that the rest of its fiscal year will prove "challenging"....
UK brewer and pub retailer Greene King has acquired New Century Inns (NCI) from existing management and staff for a total consideration, including debt, of GBP32.6m....
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- Coca-Cola Beverages Africa - A new powerhouse
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- Diageo silent on United Spirits job losses
- Diageo starts formal talks over UK pension cuts
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Wild Geese gets Australian nod in Pernod legal row
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends