UK: Greene King brings IPA back to UK TV
Greene King has lined up a return to UK television screens after four years for its IPA cask ale brand.
The UK regional brewer said today (6 August) that the beer will be the subject of an 11-week long campaign in the country, comprising of TV, outdoor and print advertising, which will cost in the region of GBP2m (US$4.06m). A 40-second TV ad was aired last week on satellite television, while a 30-second version will run on terrestrial TV in the country from 20 August.
Greene King will also coincide a print and outdoor campaign with this year's rugby World Cup for its IPA beer, which is the 'Official Beer of England Rugby'.
"Our new ad campaign communicates cask ale in a more relevant way for the new generation of drinkers and builds Greene King IPA's position in the market as a quality, session beer that appeals to drinkers who value great taste and quality," said Fiona Hope, marketing director at Greene King Brewing Company.
"The campaign demonstrates a connection between the brand personality and the characteristics of the drinker, who tend to be self-assured, unpretentious and independent. They know their own tastes and are not affected by passing fads or 'flavour of the month' products."
Greene King has warned in a trading update that the rest of its fiscal year will prove "challenging"....
UK brewer and pub retailer Greene King has acquired New Century Inns (NCI) from existing management and staff for a total consideration, including debt, of GBP32.6m....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer