UK: Greene King appoints Belhaven head
Greene King has appointed a new managing director for its Belhaven beer and pub business in Scotland.
Euan Venters, 51, will take the reins as managing director of Belhaven from 6 October, Greene King announced today (5 September). He will replace Stuart Ross, who has decided to retire.
Scottish-born Venters joins Belhaven from Sara Lee.
Rooney Anand, Greene King chief executive, said: "Euan ... brings over 25 years experience building major branded consumer goods to Greene King and the Belhaven business."
Belhaven, Scotland's largest brewer, has performed "ahead of expectations" this year, according to Greene King. Like-for-like pub sales rose 4.6% in the group's first quarter to 24 August, the brewer said this week, while Belhaven Best beer was the fifth-best selling alcohol brand in Scotland's on-trade, it added, citing Nielsen figures.
Last week, we reported on the recommendation by the UK's chief medical officer that parents should not give their children any alcohol until they were at least 15 years old. The story prompted us to q...
The US economy declined by 6% in the fourth quarter of 2008, more steeply than predicted, as fresh industry figures this week indicate that spirits sales have continued to weaken....
Diageo plans to expand Windhoek beer across Africa after acquiring the global rights to produce and distribute the brand outside of its key South African and Namibian markets....
The UK alcoholic drinks sector is braced for up to 80,000 job cuts and falling sales over the next four years, a new report has warned, as industry leaders ratchet up the pressure on the government's ...
Australia's tax hike on ready-to-drink alcoholic beverages will be expanded to close a loophole allegedly allowing drinks companies to escape payments, the country's government has said ahead of a cru...
The European Parliament has narrowly opposed proposals to allow EU member states to reduce value added tax on alcohol served in restaurants....
San Miguel Corp has been ordered by stock exchange officials to explain why a deal last week with Kirin Holdings was reported in the media before being announced to investors....
Small-scale, independent craft brewers in the US are gaining alcohol market share, according to date released today by an industry association, on the back of increased support for local breweries and...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research