UK: Greencore to launch branded water
Greencore, the UK's largest producer of supermarket bottled water, is to launch its own branded product early next year.
The company will target on-premise accounts throughout the country with its Strathlomond natural mineral water.
A spokesman for Greencore told just-drinks today (6 November) that the company believed it could offer consumers a "real alternative to what's in the marketplace at the moment".
He said: "We have done limited quantities of brands before but this is our first significant branded entry into the marketplace."
Greencore's Strathlomond will be entering a segment that includes big brands like Highland Spring and the AG Barr-owned Strathmore.
The spokesman declined to reveal the full details of the brand's launch but added: "We always look to find an opportunity that is not already filled by others. We will have something attractive to offer."
Greencore accounts for a third of all supermarket bottled water in the UK. Its sare of the overall bottled water market is 12%.
Greencore also operates in the convenience food business and the agribusiness sector.
In this month's just-drinks interview, Roger White, chief executive of the Scottish soft drinks producer AG Barr, spoke with Annette Farr about the company's iconic brand Irn-Bru, which has bucked the...
UK soft drinks group Nichols has snapped up Cariel Soft Drinks....
The sale of UK soft drinks group Nichols now appears unlikely, just-drinks understands....
AG Barr has reported a strong set of results for 2006, despite what the company's CEO described as a "challenging year"....
Irn-Bru maker AG Barr is one of the parties in talks to buy fellow UK soft drinks group Nichols, just-drinks understands....
AG Barr has announced it will relaunch its Tizer soft drink brand in the UK this Spring....
UK soft drinks group AG Barr is on track to meet its full-year financial targets, the company said today (24 January). In a trading update, AG Barr said its performance is in line with expectations fo...
Nearly 30,000 bottles of Strathmore mineral water have been withdrawn from sale in the UK after some were found to contain mould....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Sustainability - Walking the Walk on Water
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Belvedere proposes name change
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Brown-Forman eyes family ties with board additions
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review