USA: Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Joins TransFair USA in Marketing and Promoting Fair Trade Coffee
Company's Organic Coffee Line To Be Fair Trade Certified Green Mountain Coffee, Inc. (NASDAQ: GMCR) and TransFair USA announced today that the two organizations have reached a landmark agreement to work together to promote Fair Trade coffee. As part of the agreement, Green Mountain Coffee will purchase coffee under internationally accepted Fair Trade terms, from small farmer cooperatives in Peru, Mexico, and Sumatra where the Company has long-standing relationships. Coffee certified by TransFair USA provides an audit trail from the farm to the cup, which insures that farmers are paid a Fair Trade price for their coffee - providing them with a decent living wage. Green Mountain is planning an autumn 2000 Fair Trade coffee launch in conjunction with efforts by TransFair USA and Oxfam America in the Northeast. Green Mountain Coffee Roasters will have all of its regular certified organic coffees certified by TransFair USA. Additionally, the company will support the launch of Fair Trade coffee to promote consumer awareness and increase the amount of Fair Trade coffee sold in its market areas. An autumn promotion in conjunction with TransFair USA and Oxfam America is being developed. Early plans include the use of the Company's "Buzzmobile" - Green Mountain's motorhome-sized "coffee shop on wheels" - to help bring visibility to the cause, the use of consumer sales incentives, and promotion through company publications and the Company's website:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Why sports drinks fail to ride the Olympic wave
- Experienced hands hold firm at CCEP - Analysis
- What do US wholesalers think of spirits trends?
- It isn't just men who like beer - Comment
- How the craft economy is loosening alcohol laws
- Luxury and e-commerce a "natural fit" - Diageo
- Diageo Australia's commercial head to step down
- "We're not complacent about Brexit" - Diageo
- Diageo merges US, Canada spirits units
- William Grant upgrades Glenfiddich Cask Collection
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends