USA: Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Joins TransFair USA in Marketing and Promoting Fair Trade Coffee
Company's Organic Coffee Line To Be Fair Trade Certified Green Mountain Coffee, Inc. (NASDAQ: GMCR) and TransFair USA announced today that the two organizations have reached a landmark agreement to work together to promote Fair Trade coffee. As part of the agreement, Green Mountain Coffee will purchase coffee under internationally accepted Fair Trade terms, from small farmer cooperatives in Peru, Mexico, and Sumatra where the Company has long-standing relationships. Coffee certified by TransFair USA provides an audit trail from the farm to the cup, which insures that farmers are paid a Fair Trade price for their coffee - providing them with a decent living wage. Green Mountain is planning an autumn 2000 Fair Trade coffee launch in conjunction with efforts by TransFair USA and Oxfam America in the Northeast. Green Mountain Coffee Roasters will have all of its regular certified organic coffees certified by TransFair USA. Additionally, the company will support the launch of Fair Trade coffee to promote consumer awareness and increase the amount of Fair Trade coffee sold in its market areas. An autumn promotion in conjunction with TransFair USA and Oxfam America is being developed. Early plans include the use of the Company's "Buzzmobile" - Green Mountain's motorhome-sized "coffee shop on wheels" - to help bring visibility to the cause, the use of consumer sales incentives, and promotion through company publications and the Company's website:
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Travel Retail model "not sustainable" - Pernod CEO
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts