USA: Green Mountain Coffee, Inc. Selected as One of 200 Best Small Companies in America
Green Mountain Coffee began in 1981 as a small cafe in rural Vermont, and was recognized as roasting and marketing the highest quality coffee. The Company, which now operates an extensive wholesale operation, sells coffee to offices, supermarkets, convenience stores, and a variety of food service outlets. Over the years, management has focused on growing sales and earnings, while conducting business in a socially and environmentally responsible manner. The Company donates five percent of its pre-tax profits to non-profit organizations.
Recent performance has been particularly strong, as the Company has benefited from earlier strategic infrastructure investments. For the first three quarters of fiscal 2000, ended July 1, 2000, the Company reported a 92.1 % increase in income from continuing operations on sales growth of 26.6%.
Robert P. Stiller, Chairman, President, and Chief Executive Officer of Green Mountain Coffee said, "I believe the Forbes recognition reflects the growth and successes all of us here at Green Mountain Coffee Roasters have worked to hard to achieve. I applaud our employees for their efforts. We are honored to be recognized by a magazine as prestigious as Forbes."
Green Mountain Coffee, Inc. is a leader in the specialty coffee industry. The Company roasts high-quality arabica coffees and offers over 60 varieties including single-origin, estate, certified organic, Fair Trade, proprietary blends, and flavored coffees that it sells under the Green Mountain Coffee Roasters® brand. The majority of Green Mountain Coffee's revenue is derived from its wholesale operation which services restaurant, supermarket, specialty food store, convenience store, food service, in-room hotel hospitality, university, airline, train, and office coffee service customers. Green Mountain Coffee also operates a direct mail operation and e-commerce website with secure on-line ordering for customers from its Waterbury, Vermont headquarters.
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Molson Coors targets cost-savings - FY16 results
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends