UK: Green Mark vodka gets GBP2m UK ad push
Click through to see one of the print ads for Green Mark
Green Mark vodka is to get a GBP2m (US$3.2m) advertising push to coincide with its launch in the UK.
The brand's UK distributor, First Drinks, said yesterday (14 May) that the 'Toast of Russia' campaign will include advertising in city centres and London underground stations, as well as PR and digital activity. The campaign is designed to "communicate the brand’s authentic Russian credentials", the company said.
First Drinks, which is owned by William Grant & Sons, said it has already secured listings for Green Mark in Waitrose, Tesco, Morrison’s, and ASDA. Green Mark, which, according to First Drinks, is Russia's top-selling vodka brand, is also stocked by Nias, Costcutter and the Co-op.
The company took on distribution of the brand earlier this year along with another vodka brand, Zubrowka. Both are owned by Central European Distribution Corp.
Hayley Aldous, Green Mark's senior brand manager at First Drinks, said: “We are committed to long-term investment in Green Mark to really establish the brand in the UK.
“We have an excellent track record of building brands and as an industry leader in the premium spirits market, we are confident that our strategy for Green Mark will help propel it to be a key player in the UK vodka market.”
Green Mark has current annual sales of around 10m 9-litre cases worldwide.
In a way it must be a bit galling for the undoubtedly talented number crunchers at the International Wine and Spirit Record (IWSR) that their carefully devised methodology for calculating the world's ...
La Martiniquaise has completed the divestment of the Trois Rivières, La Mauny and Duquesne rum brands ahead of its proposed purchase of Quartier Français Spiritueux....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- Work begins on Glasgow distillery
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages