UK: Great Western increases trade sales team
Great Western Wine has made two fresh appointments to its trade sales team.
The UK company said today (24 January) that Nobuko Okamura would join the London on-trade sales team as sales manager, working alongside trade sales director and sales manager Freddie Morley-Fletcher.
Emma Laird, meanwhile, also joins Great Western as trade sales administrator.
Okamura was previously head sommelier at a number of London restaurants, in addition to spending time working abroad as a sommelier in Sydney. In 2004, she decided to move into wine sales and joined Lea and Sanderman.
Having previously worked in finance, Laird completed a number of wine courses at Christie's and the WSET in London and the Ecole du Vin in Bordeaux. She has spent the last six months living at Château Bauduc in Créon, near Bordeaux.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets