AUS: Grape growers - Don't plant any more!
Independent grape growers in South Australia's Barossa region have launched a national campaign to persuade investors not to plant new vineyards.
They are worried that, despite a current glut and low prices, economic forecasts are still in favour of further planting.
Bob Taplin, of the Barossa Wine Grape Growers Council said his organisation was concerned that investors were being encouraged on the basis of tax benefits and not actual costs and returns.
- just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
- Analysis - SABMiller's Australian issues continue
- Comment - Beer - What’s in a (Brand) Name?
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
- NPD: Alcohol Beverage “Mash-Ups” Fuel Innovation
- Diageo silent over Shuijingfang writedown report
- Britvic promotes GB marketing head to global post
- Molson Coors CEO to retire
- Diageo's Captain Morgan Facebook ad banned
- PepsiCo appoints W Europe, S Africa Tropicana GM