Grand Marnier switches distribution in Australia
Grand Marnier moves away from Bacardi in Australia
The distribution of Grand Marnier in Australia is to move from Bacardi Lion to Think Spirits from next week.
Think Spirits said it has signed a long-term deal with Grand Marnier to distribute the liqueur brand throughout Australia. Grand Marnier’s Asia Pacific director, Pierre-Henry Faye, said: "We are very pleased to start working with Think Spirits. Their strong on-trade expertise, the other brands in Think Spirits portfolio for cocktails and the family ownership, like Société des Produits Marnier-Lapostolle, means that we are confident we will significantly grow the brand together."
Denis Brown, MD of Bacardi Lion, added: "As we concentrate our focus on the Bacardi portfolio, we wish Grand Marnier every success in the Think Spirits portfolio. We will work with both parties to ensure a smooth transition for our customers."
The Think Spirits portfolio also includes the Kraken Black Spiced Rum, The Dalmore and Le Fee Absinthe.
Parent company Marnier-Lapostolle said in December last year that it was reviewing global distribution arrangements.
Bacardi & Co Ltd in S pirits and Wine (World)...
The report provides a review of the latest news and key events in the global spirits market during March....
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- The wine category in 2016 - Review of the Year IV
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Drinks industry counters calls to ban alcohol ads
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends