RUSSIA: Gov’t cools on beer ad law - report
Recent beer advertising legislation could be relaxed, according to local press reports. Kommersant said today (13 October) that the Upper House of the Russian Parliament has suggested amending the recently-adopted law restricting beer advertising to allow breweries to sponsor sporting events.
Last month, the Russian Parliament passed a bill banning most television beer advertisements and the sponsorship of sporting events and sport clubs by breweries.
The Upper House has suggested the amendment, the newspaper said, after realising that the restrictions would signify the end for many soccer and ice hockey clubs and national sports championships which survive on brewery sponsorship.
Parliament is also considering banning the drinking of beer in Russia's streets.
Sectors: Beer & cider
As the US distillers' association, Discus, for the first time in its history publishes its annual report into spirits advertising, which includes complaints against its self-regulatory code, David Rob...
Constellation Brands is interested in some of Allied Domecq's spirits brands, according to reports today (15 April)....
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban