SWEDEN: Government official quits in privatisation "row"
Sweden's Finance Ministry has confirmed that an official close to the planned privatisation of V&S Group has resigned.
A spokesperson for the ministry told just-drinks today (30 March) that Malin Bjoerkmo has decided to quit but declined to comment further.
The official, Malin Bjoerkmo, told Swedish business daily Dagens Industri, that the Swedish government lacked the manpower to handle the raft of privatisations.
"There has been an incredible amount of important matters, and I don't think that the appropriate staffing is in place," Bjoerkmo was quoted as saying.
Earlier this month, the Swedish government tabled a motion for parliamentary approval to sell V&S, one of six state-owned companies it is looking to sell. The Swedish parliament will pass or block the proposal in May.
Finnish state-owned beverage alcohol group Altia Corporation has confirmed that it could be interested in V&S' Nordic operations.
The owners of Arcus, Swedish private equity group Ratos, is also mulling a takeover bid for the assets.
Acquisitions have transformed CL Financial from the owner of one very famous but small-scale bitters brand into a player on the world spirits stage. Having recently shored up two contrasting acquisiti...
Although a small sector in volume terms, the energy drinks category punches above its weight in the global soft drinks market in value, and has outpaced market growth for many years. While the rate of...
Pernod Ricard has lined up the sale of Framingham in New Zealand....
United Breweries plans to expand its beer production capacity, according to reports....
The departure of Scottish & Newcastle's chief executive, announced today (27 September), was arrived at "by mutual consent", the brewer has said....
Union de Cervecerias Peruanas Backus & Johnston has commenced its investment across Peru for 2007 and 2008....
Vin & Sprit has lost its battle against The Wine Group subsidiary Golden State Vintners over the use of the Golden Gate trademark in Sweden....
Coca-Cola Amatil has said that The Coca-Cola Co. plans to sell off a portion of its stake in the company to buy into CCA's former South Korean business....
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets