INDIA: Government lobbied to withdraw CSD tax
There have been calls in India for the withdrawal of a special excise duty on soft drinks.
The Associated Chambers of Commerce and Industry of India (Assocham) submitted a representation to the Indian Ministry of Food Processing Industries for an end to the 8% tax on carbonated soft drinks.
Assocham president Mahendra K. Sanghi said that soft drinks were "items of mass consumption and at the same time, highly employment oriented."
Sectors: Soft drinks
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages