SPAIN: Government launches €50m wine ad blitz
The Spanish Government will team with the country's top wineries to launch the "Wines from Spain, variety and quality" campaign to promote the country's best wines in six key international markets.
The 5-year, €50m effort, led by Spanish Foreign Commerce Institute ICEX, will target the UK, the US, Germany, Switzerland, Sweden and Holland but will also reach Denmark, Belgium, Canada and Japan.
Older Spanish campaigns to promote regional and original-label wines are "no longer working and it's necessary to convey a simpler message cantered on wine quality and diversity," said ICEX's vice-president Angel Martin.
The campaign will only publicise wineries with a big international distribution and market presence.
The move hopes to significantly increase Spain's market share against New World Wines in key markets such as the UK.
Recently published research indicates that while consumers have taken to the clear and modern marketing techniques employed by New World producers, they still cherish the romance and mystique of wine,...
Maxxium Worldwide could come under pressure if Pernod and Fortune's Allied Domecq bid is successful, according to press reports today (14 April)....
It's been a quiet day on the Pernod/Allied Domecq front....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
LVMH has said it is not looking to buy Mumm Champagne from Allied Domecq....
Diageo is to launch a new global advertising campaign for Smirnoff Ice. The first ad in the global campaign, 'Garden', launches in Great Britain on April 11th on terrestrial and satellite TV. ...
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends