UK: Government go-ahead for Interbrew
Interbrew, the world's second-biggest brewer, bought Bass in 2000 for £2.3 billion ($3.3 billion dollars) but the deal was blocked by UK competition authorities on the grounds that it would leave Interbrew with about one third of the British beer market.
Interbrew announced last December that it planned to sell Carling to US group, Coors, for £1.2 billion, a move that would allow it to keep Bass.
Having taken advice from the director general of the Office of Fair Trading, UK competition minister, Melanie Johnson, announced she had decided to accept Interbrew's undertakings and give the takeover the green light.
The global roll-out of InBev's Brazilian beer, Brahma, adds a third premium brand to the global brewer's international portfolio but some observers have suggested it's an unnecessary step which threat...
SUN Interbrew is looking to relinquish its stake in Pivoindustriya Primorya....
Interbrew UK has poached two marketing managers from rival brewers....
Interbrew is to place a £1m support package behind its Czech brand Staropramen in the UK....
InBev has announced that the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of US$33.41 for the remaining Class A (non-voting) shares in SUN Interbrew, along with Class A Securitie...
SUN Interbrew is looking to buy into a Siberian brewer, according to local press reports....
Interbrew UK has announced plans to launch a new speciality beer....
InBev has extended the deadline for the receipt of acceptances for the recommended offers of USD33.41 in cash for the remaining shares and Securities that it does not already own in SUN Interbrew (SIL...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- US spirits pricing went "a little high" - Diageo
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research